Location: Remote- Hybrid- Philadelphia, PA-Cherry Hill, NJ
Red Knot is a specialist sports, sports betting and gaming PR and communications agency. Founded in the UK and with offices in the US, Asia and South America, the Red Knot team are highly experienced PR, communications, marketing and broadcast specialists who provide a range of services to clients around the world to help them achieve their brand and business goals.
Red Knot is seeking an experienced and sophisticated public relations professional to join our growing team. The PR Account Supervisor will be responsible for contributing to our client portfolio including client relations where strategic communications experience, account stewardship skills, team management, and strong writing is critical. This role will serve as a primary client contact for the firm’s large accounts; they will manage account team deliverables as well as strategic comms/PR planning across multiple programs for this client. The Account Supervisor must be adept at strategic communications, identifying opportunities, solving challenges, and mentoring junior staff and above all, must be a dynamic communicator able to understand and convey complex subjects.
We are looking for an independent, self-starter who thrives working in a collaborative team and managing clients, excels at client service and has a passion for corporate communications. Having substantial PR experience in sports, sports betting, and gaming industries is required. In addition, a media relations portfolio with impressive b2b and consumer results is highly encouraged.
Client and Account Management
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of the firms largest accounts
- Provide thoughtful, forward-thinking communications counsel to the client and account team
- Actively communicate with clients as required assume an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and exceeding client expectations
- Participate and lead client calls with team as well as independently and directly with client contact. Provide strategic input, analysis and feedback on client calls in addition to providing updates
- Support internal account team to ensure understanding and expectations of client needs
- Develop strategic internal and external comms plans that reflect the client’s goals and objectives and demonstrate modern PESO tactics reflective of the brand
- Regularly audit clients’ existing internal communications platforms and content; provide strategic recommendations to optimize content and channels
- Partner with the client via regular calls and email communications to manage fast-moving projects and timelines
- Develop key strategic communications to serve as the foundation for ongoing execution – including comprehensive message maps and FAQ documents
- Create program strategies and activation plans, inclusive of objectives, messaging, messengers/SMEs, editorial calendar, tactical roadmap and timeline
- Develop copy for regular internal communications across a variety of tactics: weekly email campaigns, radio program scripts, town hall presentations and scripts, lunch-and-learn talking points, video scripts and more
- Partner with the client to measure impact of internal and external communications programs
- Deliver executional excellence across all PR tactics, including but not limited to: regional and national media relations, event planning and management, community relations, content development, internal comms, message development, speaking engagements, other outreach
- Manage budget and timelines
- Mentor junior staff; ensure that timelines and expectations are met and delivered
- Manage reporting and merchandising of client work, communicate results to clients regularly
- Keep abreast of PR industry trends, best practices, new media and evolving technologies and tactics, and educating the account team
- Stay current and gain proficiency on new software platforms that impact the practice of PR
- Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to client’s industry. Master complex issues that impact client business and industry
- 6-7 years of experience in communications / public relations role – agency or equivalent client-side PR experience
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a similar major
- Demonstrated corporate communications expertise in healthcare and/or health insurance
- Comprehensive b2b communications experience
- Experience planning and executing large-scale PESO communications plans
- Experience working on an integrated agency team is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, Monday.com, media monitoring tools, email marketing platforms and social listening tools
Compensation & Benefits
You get a competitive salary dependent on experience. And a lot of room for growth. Generous holiday and PTO. 401k with matching. Ongoing mentorship, career development, and access to learning tools.
Red Knot Communications is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To apply, send a resume and covering letter to email@example.com